Let's walk through the process.
In our example, lets look for immigrants who entered Nova Scotia, Canada sometime around 1810.
- 1. Launch your Internet Browser and go to FamilySearch.org
- 2. Click on the 'Search Tab' and then click on 'Research Guidance' in the blue space below the tab
- 3. Click on 'Canada'
- 4. Click on 'Nova Scotia, Canada'
- 5. Now what? Only Births, Marriages and Deaths are listed.... We are interested in ship passenger records. That's ok... Just click on Births - 1760 - 1811..... Hmmmm... No passenger records are listed here, so let's click on Births 1812 - 1865. Good... there is a link to 'Passenger Lists and Border Crossings'.
- 6. Click on 'Passenger Lists and Border Crossings.
- 7. Look at that!.... the top link is 'Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867'. When we click on that link a list of book numbers for the Family History Library are listed. It looks like it is time to plan a trip to Salt Lake.